The only way I could describe yesterday is, “I have not sat down yet”.
It was a typical Maggie kinda day; went to work early to catch up from being out most of the week then picked up Gus and met my mom at the park. She brought along her dogs Brady and Bella and we walked 4.3 miles.
Once I got home I had some Paleo Peanut Stir Fry
• 5 tbsp. Soy Sauce
• 2 tsp. crushed ginger
• 2 tbsp honey
• 1 tbsp. fresh lime (1/2 lime)
• 4 tbsp. Peanut butter
• 1 tsp. minced garlic
• frozen bag of Stir Fry veggies (Green and Red Bell Peppers and Onions)
1. Wisk all ingredients together.
2. Marinate your choice of meat in sauce for at least an hour if possible.
3. If stir-frying a ton of veggies, you may want to steam them slightly first.
4. Add marinated meat and sauce to veggies and cook until meat is done.
5. Garnish with green onions and sprinkle with sesame seeds. (I didn’t have theses ingredients at home)
After refueling it was time for food shopping! I love food shopping! I make one big trip that takes care of us for 2 weeks. My goal this trip was to find satisfying snacks for that 4 o’clock pick me up.
Top Right Corner: Dr. Oz Protein Spinach Shake. It’s my go to shake because it’s a great way to sneak in veggies. When ever I show my friends the shake they are freaked out because of the bright green color and expect the spinach to have an over powering taste.
Bottom Right Corner: I pre-packed (and measured!) almonds, dried pineapple, apricot and 1 piece of dark chocolate. I am hoping that this gives me the sweet that I am looking for at 4 o clock and energy for crossfit after work.
A Saturday Night in with Joe!
I was so excited to not have any formal plans and the opportunity to cook a big spread of food and watch football. We started with spinach salad with walnuts, bell peppers, tomatoes and balsamic dressing. As our entrée we had Turkey Meatloaf Muffins and Nachos. I really loved the turkey meatloaf muffins, any left overs could be used as a quick mid snack too. Only modifications that I made to the recipe was used 1/2 tsp for spices, used yellow mustard (wet) instead of dry spice, and swapped out adobo powder for cumin. So TASTY!