Its a BEAUTIFUL fall Sunday morning and perfect day for Football! I am so grateful for my birthday gift, a ticket to the Philadelphia Eagles vs. Pittsburg Steelers (go Birds!). Excitement and hope are in the air in South Philly as a legit quarterback is rising in the organization. Get on the Wentz Wagon because he is smart, dynamic and determined.
Ok I am done my Football analysis.
Time to talk about how I plan to keep focused on my goals and still enjoy myself at today’s tailgate.
Heading off for a football game is an all day event. Leave at 10:30am, tailgate 11:30-3:30pm, game start at 4:25pm, sit in traffic 8:30pm and get home at 9:30pm to give Gavin a kiss good night. Knowing all that and the it was a “surf and turf” tailgate theme, I shifted around my meal prepping to Saturday. I grilled a bunch of meats for lunches and dinners and then made two sides (one of which is heading to the tailgate) Theme of meal prep… Cook once, eat all week!
Vegetable Quinoa Medley
Sunday Morning – Game Day
My main goals for food choices is protein with each meal, sneak vegetables in whereever, drink loads of water, and some “damage control” AdvoCare products.
- 5:10am Wake (out of bed 5:30am)
- 5:30am Spark!
- 5:45am Mediate (work in progress) goal now is 3 minutes, lol
- 5:50am Pre-workout: AdvoCare Muscle Strength
- 6:15am Pre-workout: 1/2 banana and 1 tbsp. of sunflower butter
- 6:45am Workout
- Strict Press 5×5
- EMOM (Every Minute on the Minute) check out video below
- 5 Pull-Ups (subbed with Body Row)
- 5 Front Squat 65#
- 200 Jump Ropes
- Accessory work: Shoulders and Triceps
- Loved this workout because I got in solid strength work in and the EMOM kept me moving, got my heart rate up and I got sweaty! On top of that it only took 40 minutes… WIN!
- 7:30am MNS and Crave Check. Crave Check is a my damage control for tailgate and game fun.
- 8:00 am Breakfast – 3/4 egg whites, 1/4 cup oatmeal and chia seeds
- 9:30 am ThermoPlus, second damage control product
- 10:00 am Snack –AdvoShake and 1/4 scoop protein
- 11:30 am – Have a good one time